Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. We did. Now the festive season is over, its time to look at resolutions. Here is mine from last year and whether I achieved them or not.
- Post on my blog at least once a week – managed most of the time except for when being pregnant/having a newborn baby prevented it.
- Get fellow bloggers to get post on my blog and do some guest posts for people in return – did not really happen.
- To create a regular series of events for the Midlands Food Bloggers (with help of fellow Midlands based bloggers) – managed one main event with a couple of smaller events. Plans for more in 2012.
- To set up a blog for the Midlands Food Bloggers with a list of members, people/companies who support us and get people to regularly contribute - was set up in March 2011, looked after by myself and Louise of Comida Y Vida.
- Make more use of the lots of cookbooks that I already own – did not really happen.
- Expand my cooking repertoire – I now know how to make pasta so want to start making it regularly and cook more seafood dishes – have cooked a greater variety of dishes, not really seafood dishes though.
- Get better at food photography – my Dad is making me a food stage with a white background so that I have something to put my dishes on to take a photo of them. Stuart and I have just purchased a second-hand Canon EOS 400D Digital SLR Camera, so with practice I am hoping that the images on the blog will improve. – I am hoping this has happened. I think the images have improved but do you, my readers agree?
- Meet Sarah and her goats at Brockhall Farm - I met Sarah but not her goats at the Ludlow Food Festival in September.
- Go to The Wild Garlic Restaurant in Dorset - I went there twice but have only blogged about it once.
- Take part in more blogging challenges especially Fresh From The Oven and Forever Nigella – managed a few at the start of the year but did not really happen once I got pregnant. Hoping for better in 2012.
Therefore, my resolutions for 2012 are:
- Clear the large backlog of posts I have including my day learning to make bread at Loaf, my visit to the BBC Good Food Show Winter 2011, my visit to M Kitchen and various review posts.
- Keep making Midlands Food Bloggers bigger and better and host many more events in and around the Midlands.
- Start up my own monthly blogging challenge (details to follow as soon as possible) and try and take part in as many others as possible.
- Keep improving my food photography.
- Go to Simpson’s Restaurant in Birmingham.
- Go to BritMum’s Live and get sponsorship to attend.
That is it for my resolutions this year. Not as many as previous years but am hoping they are all achievable. I will be back as soon as possible with details of my new monthly blogging challenge.
Happy Cooking! :-)