Here is my entry to River Cottage Rocks! And the theme this month is Christmas. I have been going through lots of turkey this week, like many of you and to finish off the last of the turkey, I decided to make a curry. I have blogged my curry recipe on here before. However, as the family was coming round I decided I wanted to make something to go with it. I settled on this lentil Dhal from River Cottage Veg Everyday. My recipe does not change much from Hugh's recipe except that I did not soak the lentils and I added garam Marsala and ground coriander to the spice mix. My whole family loved this dish and I am sure I will make it again!
Did you make anything from River Cottage this festive season? Don't forget to enter it into River Cottage Rocks! All you need to do is blog about it, add the badge below and let me know about it and I will add you into the round up.
Hello everyone! I bet you all thought I had forgotten about River Cottage Rocks! I am truly sorry for the delay. Illness and just a generally extremely busy month got in the way. The theme was 'bread' and two lovely bloggers took part and they are:
Veg Hot Pot
I am a very naughty blogger and I forgot to take part in my own challenge! I hope you will forgive me for my blogging sins! The theme for the next challenge is 'Christmas' and you have until the end of December to enter. The usual rules apply. Happy festive cooking everyone and I cannot wait to see what you make. I promise I will even take part this time!
Many thanks to everyone for taking part this month and sorry for the delay in putting this post up. I have just gone back to work after maternity leave and things are a little crazy. We seem to have a lost a few people taking part this month so don’t forget to tell your friends about the challenge. You can follow all the action in our Facebook group or on Twitter or Google + using the hashtag #rivercottagerocks. Here are this month’s entries:
Onions and Paper
The Taste Space
Charlotte’s Kitchen Diary
Thank you again for taking part. The next theme will be announced shortly
Many thanks to Charlotte for hosting the last challenge and sorry for the delay in announcing this challenge, I am getting married in two weeks and things are a little crazy at the moment. The theme for this month is Summer Time. You can make anything you like as long as it is related to theme. The closing date is Monday 10th September. Here is a reminder of the rules:
- You cook any recipe you like related to the theme from any River Cottage book, TV programme or from Hugh’s weekly column in the Guardian.
- You must not copy the recipes word for word onto your blog posts. Quite a few of the recipes are already online so please link to them if they exist or put the book and the page number on your blog post so other people can find the recipe.
- If you make a couple or more adaptations to the recipe then please put the new version of the recipe on your blog if you want to, but always link to the original recipe in the same way as described in 2.
- You can submit the recipe to other blogging challenges as long as the other challenge allows it.
- Please link to the post announcing this month’s theme in your blog post or to the ‘River Cottage Rocks’ page on this blog if someone else is hosting the challenge.
- If you are on Twitter, please tweet about your post using the hashtag #rivercottagerocks and include @Jos_Kitchen in the tweet. I will retweet any that I see.
- Please email a picture and a link to your post to email@example.com by the closing date to have your post included in the monthly round up.
- Please add your posts to the River Cottage Rocks group on Facebook too and we can get a bit of community spirit going.
PS: Please let me know if you are interested in hosting the next challenge
This month Charlotte of Charlotte’s Kitchen Diary is hosting River Cottage Rocks! and she decided on a theme of baking bliss. This theme is right up my street and when Thomas was invited to a birthday party the other day, I jumped at the chance to make the butterfly/fairy cakes from Cakes: River Cottage Handbbok no. 8 by Pam Corbin. They are on page 96 and 97. I decorated them with Glacé icing and Dr Oetker sprinkles. Considering I am still getting used to my new electric fan oven I think they turned out great. Many thanks to Charlotte for hosting this month’s River Cottage Rocks. If you are interested in hosting the next one please let me know:-)
I am pleased to announce that Charlotte of Charlotte’s Kitchen Diary is hosting River Cottage Rocks! #4. She has chosen the theme of Baking Bliss so I cannot wait to see what you all come with. Thanks to Charlotte for hosting and happy baking!
PS: I am looking for someone to host the next challenge if you are interested. Please let me know
Thank you to everyone for taking part in this challenge. All the dishes look amazing. For details of the next challenge, please visit Charlotte’s Kitchen Diary as she is hosting challenge #4.
Charlotte’s Kitchen Diary
The Taste Space